View Single Post
Unread 29 Apr 2010, 14:25   #23
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of
Re: Why Public/Privates don't work (at least this round)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellonweb View Post
Nonetheless, what they're called is irrelevant. I'm simply trying to make the point that the illusion of these top ranked public galaxies being competitive is just that, an illusion.
You are right in one sense and wrong in another. Public galaxies are not in fact competitive if you are trying to have a top planet as it stands right now. However they are absolutely competitive when it comes to going for the top galaxy as shear numbers are sufficient to hold their own against an 8 man galaxy. If the rules are changed, or the ratio of public/private galaxies was different then absolutely privates might dominate. The simple fact is the t10 is full of publics and not privates, and if they wanted to the top players could all move to publics and still perform extremely well (this round). The idea that privates are inherently better in a universe with few publics is an illusion. I keep trying to explain why, but many in this thread don't seem to get it, I am not sure why.

The other big problem with the current system is it really separates the newbies from the top players, and I really think it is an absolute crime to do this. Either newbies need to be completely separated and play in their own little uni (say c200) or they need to be allowed to be integrated with the top players so that they can see how the top players manage it and learn from them. Not that I am a top player, but I have had the privilege this round to work with half a dozen true PA newbies this round and it has been fun. If I had chosen to go into a private galaxy I doubt many of these newbies would have stood any chance at all.

Also it is a misnomer that public gals can always be roided at will. My gal (not a t10) does a very good job at stopping random incomming. Unless we are hit with a gal raid we rarely get roided. So it really all depends on the activity level in the public galaxy and their commitment to work as a team, something that is certainly easy to do in private gals, but can also be done in public gals.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote