Thread: Game Tactics
View Single Post
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 00:46   #11
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Game Tactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
ComradeRob

You didn't kill me - and the only reason why Yada got it was cos rl got in the way - don't think for a second it was 1up skill that did it

A nice tactic I used earlier in the round was - to send fake destoyer fleet with mainly gryphons (to kill the pheonix) followed by fake BS fleet - which roided nicely against the number two planet

As I type he's attacking me now - for the umpteenth time

I don't think he likes me

I've been faking my destroyer fleet against 1up so much - i decided to send a straight BS fleet at someone yesterday - he got destroyer defence
Oh how I laughed
I think you and yada have probably been the only hostile planets who have played remotely well against 1up this round. Compared to you guys, everyone else has been utterly shit. I respect your playing skills.

The only thing that annoyed me was that, after I spotted you on prelaunch and mailed you, you said that you would attack elsewhere... then attacked me anyway. In my mid-round sleep-deprived state, I took offence at this and made sure you were added to the target list - something that should have happened already, as you were clearly hostile.

Yada gets somewhat less respect for whining at me on IRC and in in-game mails, and suiciding his fleet on me. You, however, retain full respect for playing an excellent round.

I do understand how difficult it is to play against a winning alliance; it's what I did in r13. In fact, I used very similar tactics to yours - building lots of distorters and making clever use of fake attacks. The key to making this tactic work is to keep your fleet alive - that's where yada failed (and where you succeeded).
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote