View Single Post
Unread 28 Apr 2010, 17:14   #16
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why Public/Privates don't work (at least this round)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
I think that Light's suggestion puts to much work into alliances.

With the lack of people willing to dedicate their time to do stuff for the alliances increasing, adding more workload for them would just make the game suck even more for the fair few who offer to do stuff.

A total random round would probably be way better, as you would be exposed to a fair few new people hopefully.
I dont really see how it adds alot more work load to the alliance? especially as its just pre-round (as there could be a counter in the game to tell you how many members are private/public). If you had 80 members, you'd only have to ensure 20 went random, which wouldnt be too hard to track.

It also wouldnt effect the smaller alliances, as they wont have the tag to fill it up (obviously 60 private maximum, means any amount of randoms.. just no more than 60 private).

If this suggestion was actually used, i'd also clamp down on the amount of exiling allowed.. As you should be pretty confident that there will be quiet alot of active players in the random galaxys and dont want them all to end up in one. Also, if it actually worked.. It would mean that the bigger alliances would end up also helping the game through having members go random into gals with noobies, ensuring noobies get afew good players to play with in there galaxy.

The only real drawback i can see, is that alliances would put there crappy players or scanner players in the random galaxys but thats still better than putting no-one.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote