Thread: R65. Who wins?
View Single Post
Unread 18 Feb 2016, 20:21   #127
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: R65. Who wins?

You have a default kickback. p3n has a truly abysmal record against ult (although a good record against anyone else) however you were missing my meaning (which I guess is fair enough I did not spell it out well as I meant my post as a rebuke to m0 rather than a goad for ult). My post was not about p3n. My problem with Ult is that it soaks up all the best players. In a game of 1k players this would not be a problem but in a game of 400 it both creates monotony and basically ensures that the other alliances have to gang up on you.

I have severe doubts that even if faceless, ct and p3n all disbanded and created a new alliance out of the 60 best from their alliance that it would have as high quality players as Ult does now. As such I think that Ult really should slim itself down to just 60 for the good of the game to enable the possibility of a different style of politics in a round. I dont particularly like spending rounds engaged in gangbangs, I doubt they are fun for either side, and would much prefer that it was possible to have much more one on one fights. But that requires two things, 1st a decent alternative, and 2, ult to just have 60 members.

Edit: I realise that many of these excellent players don't actually play seriously and are often out of tag or in support tags rather than playing in the main ult tag. I still consider this to be taking up the best players.

Otterly an Otter.

Last edited by booji; 18 Feb 2016 at 20:44.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote