View Single Post
Unread 12 Jul 2010, 17:42   #137
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: If I could make three changes to Planetarion, they'd be .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
The issue is that it takes forever to get them, not that they're expensive.
Partly disagreeing, scans are expensive. When the drop in ship costs happened scans become 10 times more expensive then they used to be. While this may be less of a problem for alliances - as you have demonstrated by taking the numbers from the most efficiently playing alliance - this is indeed a problem for new players, or players without access to dedicated scanners. Even more so in the beginning of a round where 20 ships can make a hell of a difference.

Also, something that just sprang to my mind - why is the game designed in a way that you have to have dedicated scanners? This is in no way stated anywhere, and the whole sign up process as well as the manual is more trying to stress a point that playing a different race means the game will be a different experience (which is not true except for being Cathaargh, there you just sign up to be a victim). So I think this is due some attention as well, even though not necessarily top priority.

However, this is getting off topic, I suggest a mod goes and splits these scan cost related postings into a separate thread on PS.