View Single Post
Unread 28 May 2007, 19:21   #15
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Extra population 'area'

I'm surprised that no one has said "oh no, random roid discovery! what happens if people discover 3 more roids at the beginning of the round, they get a huge advantage" and so on and so forth. Whilst I like the idea in principe, I didn't think there was that big a group of "pro random" peope out there? (e.g. random events backlash in beta).

If it's related to the number of asteroids you have already, I'd increase it to say a 40% chance as the higher limit, dropping to 20% by about 200 roids, 10% by 400, 5% by 800, etc.
However, a constant rate would, as has been mentioned, be a relatively smaller % gain of asteroids and would help to keep the value/roid lower, increasing the incentive to attack. This might have to be compensated for elsewhere to avoid becoming tooooo offensive.

I can't see how allowing unititated roids to be found randomly and "hiding" them until they are initiated would make any sense unless you had some way of finding other initiated roids (by, say, scanning...), so this saved you the task of scanning for them, even if they don't "exist" as such in terms of combat. I'm not sure this would be great.

Last edited by Appocomaster; 28 May 2007 at 19:30.
Appocomaster is offline   Reply With Quote