View Single Post
Unread 28 May 2007, 16:45   #9
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of
Re: Extra population 'area'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandows
Why exactly should big planets be stopped from gaining "lots" of free roids? I personally don't really see the reason for "victim of your own success" implementations like that, apart from a form of bash limits to a certain extent. With a 0-20% chance of finding a new asteroid each tick, i doubt its worth the effort anyway for big planets (depending on how the other population settings balance out).
As a matter of principle I am always in favor of rewards being based on a scale of diminishing returns. This is how the real world works, any production gains introduced by certain methods eventually lead to marginal returns on investment as the methods are scaled up. In this case roid discovery would get harder and harder the more 'interferance' from exisiting astroids there is.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote