Thread: Blogs
View Single Post
Unread 11 Mar 2008, 21:10   #13
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Blogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Finally, as I said before - ask your boss for some more work to do. Explain the situation, the odds are that it's happened to him/her before. You'll also look good and be showing initiative, etc.
I have. My mentor partner and manager have even apologised to me that this has happened (if I don't get a certain amount of parctising hours then I can't pass the qualifications).

I also have to send our a free for work email every morning to all three audit departments and Corporate Finance, so plenty of people know I am sitting there with nothing to do. Pretty much all our work though has to be done on site so the only bits left in the office are pretty simplistic. As I have done so many exams though my charge out rate has gone up I get passed over for these jobs in favour of the most junior people as I screw up the budget.

Personally I think the way they do it is ridiculous. I mean they pay me the same no matter what so they are surely better off just putting me on a job and taking me off the budget or so. Afterall it isn't a meaningful cost and has to be better than me doing nothing.

KaneED/Ste -> cheers, will check them out.