Thread: Statmaking
View Single Post
Unread 19 Jul 2017, 05:44   #13
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: Statmaking

I wanted to add a few new things I learnt from making the set for Rd 73:

1) Only start with Class, Ability, Targeting and Int. Everything else is irrelevant at the earliest stage.

2) When creating your set make all your attack fleets first. When you have all your attack fleets set create your soloing matrix. Start to balance your targeting until you get close to where you want them to be.

3) Now add your defence ships. As a rule of thumb most def ships shouldn't beat your attack fleets. Just tune a couple of them to counter anything that is screwing your matrix. Got a fi fleet that conquers all? Give someone a ship that stops it to rein it in a little.

4) When creating your matrix based on a maximum 5 races and 3 pods per race the most things you can land on is 15. When working everything out if you are coming up between 1-6 your stats are too defensive, change your targeting/ints to allow more lands. If you are coming out with 9-15 then your stats are too offensive. Use your def ships to dial this down a bit. The golden area is 7-9. Anything in this range is considered balanced.*

When you have completed these areas you can submit your stats to Jintao. With this criteria filled he can decide whether your stats are viable. From there you can enter ac/dc and emp res and costs to give your stats the finished look. They will then if approved be loaded to a server and you can start playing with calcs.

* When determining the matrix all emp is classed as being able to land but be landed upon, regardless of emp eff.

I hope this helps you budding stat makers and again any gelp needed, just ask!
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote