View Single Post
Unread 6 Sep 2006, 21:59   #34
Cmd_Carl
Omen HC

Cmd_Carl is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Alliance limits Round 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
In the last few rounds we've seen several alliance limit setups. With the feeling that there seem to be more rules than features each round, I'd like to try and simplify things this round. Perhaps not as much as many would like, but no one is perfect!
I'd like to see a setup with the top 60-65 members counting towards the alliance limit, and a maximum of 80 members.
This should reduce the issues of having players out of the alliance limit.
The "your alliance only gains what score you gained since leaving your last alliance" would also go.
Personally i think we got this rule on backwards.

This round, changeing ally proved difficult. Because there is no benifit for the new ally. If a ally goes totaly inactive, members are virtually "trapped" in that ally for the rest of the round.

When Kargool first suggested this rule the intencion was this:
The score you gain while in tag is the score the ally gains on you.
Meaning you cant keep players out of tag because when he joins the score would be "0". This would prevent the obvious exploit of not tagging.

Now you can still keep players out of tag, but the players have a hard time jumping ally's. And jumping ally's are healthy.. it keeps the ally on theyr toes, trying to do the best for theyr members.

So my suggestion is this:
The ally score = what players IN tag gains while taged.
R16 Nice little break
R17 Omen "HC"
R18 Omen HC
R19 Omen HC
Cmd_Carl is offline   Reply With Quote