View Single Post
Unread 20 Aug 2006, 04:15   #11
BWE533
Classified Black Project

BWE533 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Alliance limits Round 19

I agree with XelNaga's idea of removing alliance limits. I've played other online strategy games in which there were no alliance limits. The #1 alliance had 200 members while the #2 alliance had only 50. Well, what happened was that the #1 alliance declared war on #2 and #2 ended up kicking their ass because they were alot more organized and since it was easier to coordinate/control a group of 50 members than it is 200. I say let go of the limits and let natural selection take its course. You wouldn't have alot of the support planet debacle that you had this round. If you set alliance limits, people will always find ways around them.

In PA it's not the membercount that wins the round for an alliance. Being a number #1 alliance takes organizational skills, coordination, discipline, and logistics. Having 200 members in 1 alliance can be a logistical nightmare for the HC's because if you think about it the have to keep 200 members happy instead of a small close knit alliance that only uses 50. Weaknesses in having a large alliance will be greatly amplified and exposed during times of war. I believe alliances will limit membercount by themselves if you would just let them.

To me the only possiblity that a 200 member alliance could remain and stay at #1 is if they had a highly organized internal infrastructure from command, to the officers, all the way down to it's memberbase.

Most alliances have a difficult enough time managing 50 members, let alone 200. I say let them try.
BWE533 is offline   Reply With Quote