View Single Post
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 10:02   #1
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
I'm such a dumb ****

I just had a private meeting with my boss that was supposed to be about a new software package.
He opened the meeting with: "I have the feeling you're looking for a new job... are you?"
Me: "Euh... well... euh... let's put it this way... if someone offers me a dream-job, I'd be stupid not to accept the offer"
Him: "So, you're not happy here?"
Me: "I didn't say that, I have a dream and want to chase that."
Him: "So I guess if you get offered another job you'll leave this place"
Me: "..."

<insert convo>

So, the result is, I won't be offered a contract for undefined time in October, at most another year-contract.
He did tell me he is satisfied with the job I do, and he would have liked me staying.

I could smack myself in the face. It's not normal for me to give such a straight answer to such questions.
My mother was right again though, I'm too honest for my own good.