View Single Post
Unread 12 Jul 2006, 15:53   #50
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Labour, Tony Blair, Authoritarianism and erosion of civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
Government spin aside, there are actually two reasons these cards are on the agenda. The first one has been covered. The second is so obvious that if you haven't thought about it before, you'll kick yourself. Money.
The database will operate on a two-tier system. The second tier limited access section will allow government vetted companies and organisations access to a subset of your personal information. For a hefty fee of course. Each and every one of us is now a government asset. It's almost beautiful in a perverted way. Sell the system based on fear of terrorism, make it compulsary, make money from the information people have been forced to provide, give yourself a huge new tracking system into the bargain, and don't in any way address the problem that the system was sold to address.
Oh and yes, and get it for free. That's right, your shiney new ID card comes with an equally shiney pricetag. Thinktanks currently believe the government's estimate of around £100 is an underestimate by at least 100%. Nice.

*doo dee doo doo, doo dee doo doo* The future. It's already here.

The PVS is already up and running by the way (just within the past couple of months i think). Vetted companies either pay a subscription rate to have access to the data, pay a set fee for a set number of checks, or phone up a hotline and get charged £1.50 (i think) a minute to get details checked. This info (confirming your identity) is shared with the DVLA, the Police, banks and companies in general.

At the moment i think there's approx 3k IPS workers. The projections state that there will be 8 or 9k or so (i think ... the talk that i'm getting this info from was back in January) within a few years. What was the UKPS is just one strand in IPS now. PVS is where the future is. I think about 800 staff are being hired for ABI. I can only assume the rest are gonna be going into PVS.

Anyways *shurg*