View Single Post
Unread 12 Jul 2006, 00:12   #38
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Labour, Tony Blair, Authoritarianism and erosion of civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
No, actually. Not off the top of my head anyway - and I'd assume that as I can't remember any then I can't have strongly opposed any.
OK, fair enough then. I presumed you might have an interest in politics one way or the other. If not then that's cool. I presume if the government changes and they're against a centralised database you'll be against it too so I don't suppose it matters.
Quote:
They aren't talking about making medical records public though
I know that, I was responding to your point about "Who cares if your medical records can be viewed." My point was ; lots of people care and for very good reasons.
Quote:
To presume that anyone would want to look at them, thereby breaking their confidentiality agreement and losing their job, is a bit bigheaded, surely?
Well, obviously I'm not merely outlining all of this for purely selfish reasons. I am concerned about people's privacy generally. If (say) 90% of the countries medical records were posted online but mine wasn't then I'd still view this as a horrible event even if I wasn't directly affected. There is nothing in my medical history I particularly care about but that's not really the point. One day there might be.

And you already admitted you looked at your ex's medical records. When my ex was working in the NHS she used to look at random people's files too. And I'm not claiming to be above this sort of nonsense, when I started working at a place with a customer database I used to look up people I knew too. Given all of this, it's hardly an extraordinary claim that people will do something similar with this uber database you seem to be supporting.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote