Thread: Miami Vice
View Single Post
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 11:40   #9
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Miami Vice

I am afraid that I have to completely disagree here. I thought it was absolutely shite.

Now, I've never watched the TV series, so the fact it isnt true to the series didnt bother me an ounce. I also have a very high regard for the director, Heat is one of my favourite films, and I thought Collateral was grade A awesome too.

But I found Miami Vice to be very disturbing. There was no real plot, the whole story seemed to go absolutely nowhere at a turtles pace. It wasnt violent enough, from the trailer I expected a lot more action, and a film that was very fast paced. Instead it was a two hour 15 minute snore fest with one semi-good action scene. And in my opinion, the final gunfight was overly stylised to the point where it was not as effective as it could have been.

All in all, a pretty major disapointment for me. The soundtrack was absolutely ****ing awesome however.