Thread: Quiting smoking
View Single Post
Unread 8 Feb 2007, 21:16   #17
Mitc
NASA Health & Safety

Mitc is a splendid one to beholdMitc is a splendid one to beholdMitc is a splendid one to beholdMitc is a splendid one to beholdMitc is a splendid one to beholdMitc is a splendid one to beholdMitc is a splendid one to behold
Re: Quiting smoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
The problem with cigarettes is that once a smoker always a smoker. I know people who've quit for 15 years and then suddenly started smoking 10 a day again. I also know people who quit 10 years ago but still get the ocassional craving. I myself once stopped smoking for a year and then for no particularly good reason started smoking again. So what I'm saying is you'll always have the desire to smoke. It might not be every day and it might be when you least expect it, but it will appear, tempting you back to that hot, sweet embrace of the beautiful cigarette...

I'm currently trying to quit again myself, haven't had a cigarette in just over 4 weeks. To be honest I miss it more now than I did 3 weeks ago. Never mind ey, at least I might get to live longer. That'll be a great consolation when I'm lying in an old people's home pissing through a cathater.

So to sum up, good luck with quitting
I gave up for five years and started again two years ago. When I quit first time it was easy. Trying cold turkey this time resulted in a damaged laptop and a bruised hand. Hence the patches.

08:00 hours on Friday 9th Feb will be the moment my patch goes on. Until then I've got a pack to smoke ..... Mmmmmm burning poison leaves .....