View Single Post
Unread 27 Oct 2003, 18:11   #7
Browolf
Veteran

Browolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: improving the gaming experience not the game mechanics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Interesting idea although I think the wording might need changed, after all 'Age' seems a little medieval or fantasy based rather than that of the sci-fi genre
hmm cant think of anything better tho.
I freely admit to be better at having ideas than describing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
I could go on and list 30+ separate incidents including F-Crew where there?s been a public disagreement either on forums or on IRC and that's just one alliance who hasn?t been a threat and hasn?t done much but to try and survive day by day since r4 so imagine how many alliance like Fury, legion ect would have disagreements on. Now which side do you go onto believe and take down as history?
I was thinking less detailed than specific Incidents but i take your point. It's still a shame some sort of more or less true history doesnt/cant exist.

Quote:
those involved and to do this automatically wouldn?t be the most simple thing to organise and as such is was deemed too difficult to implement without adding to the game.

Now if someone can come up with a way for it to work I?m sure it might get listened to again but until then its something that's a none starter.
The added alliance stuff goes someway to helping. I agree different planets in news everyday is not much interest but I for one would really be interested in who's attacking who alliancewise. Mit should be able to add some of his pa tools functionality to the back-end to indicate alliance fleet movements and alliance gains/losses and then you just need someone to take figures and make it into news. Perhaps it could be weekly news. then alliances could be asked to comment on the facts of the previous week. it's an added dimension to the game experience and enables alliances to create a public image by how they explain the things that have happened. couple that with
the good, neutral, evil idea. There is a role to be played....roleplaying. It doesnt have to revolve around big alliances all the time either. if a small alliance jumps ten places up the table, we want to know why. Plus stats like universe roid growth, ships in universe, roid movements etc. All these things exist within the game. They just need gathering by pa team.

Quote:
tbh I'm having a little trouble understanding this point. Are you saying we would choose a job type (Soldiers, Scientists ect) and then come up with our own race name rather than a planet name?
that's exactly what i'm saying. It just makes more sense to me. And it allows future development to look at strengthening aspects of job types and promotes continuity through rounds.

Embrace the wind with both arms, Stop the clouds dead in sky, Hang your head no more,
And beg no more, Brother Wolf and Sister Moon
Browolf is offline   Reply With Quote