View Single Post
Unread 27 Oct 2003, 16:57   #6
Killerbij
Roidhumper

Killerbij is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: improving the gaming experience not the game mechanics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Do you really think thats worthwhile though. I mean while a image showing how the battkle went might be amusing at first youd soon grow tired of it. The mention of seeing the battle as Squares and triangles remindeds me of the 2d pitch you can have on Championship manager 4 and It would be useful in PA IF we could make change to our battle tactics during the fight (after all in CM4 when playing a match this is where the 2d engine is really useful) but as a browser game i dont see how its possible to pull off such a use like that.
I always enjoyed the battle reports in droid arena; they were always different due to the ability to program your droid (kind alike priorities nowadays) Maybe the priorities idea should be enhanced giving you the ability to target certain ship classes more than others. Or sacrificing damage and armor for initiative. That way combat would be a whole lot different each time and so would the combat reports be. I can imagine groups of battleships and fighters being represented by 1 symbol with certain hp and damage. But you would need to be able to give specific ship orders to ship type groups. (Maybe have a fleet devided into several strikegroups). Problem is this system may enhance the combat a lot it also makes it very complicated and less accessible to n00bs. However like in droidarena preset strikegroups could be the answer there, each having specific shiptypes and orders. Costumisable after certain amounts of research are done.