Thread: The Smoking Ban
View Single Post
Unread 28 May 2007, 18:31   #6
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The Smoking Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I am not sure how clubs etc will deal with smokers. I would assume they will have some kind of backup plan to allow people to exit and come back in again so they can smoke. If this happens I guarentee non smokers will be going out to "get some air" with the smokers.
At the moment some clubs here in Cardiff are having a terrible time of it because they only have one entrance/exit. It's slower getting in because of the smokers coming in and out that need to be checked by the bouncers.

The usual way to identify smokers is either to give them festival-style wristbands at the start of the night when you pay to get in, or to stamp their hands in and out. A couple of places started with a cordoned-off area on the pavement but it's just not a viable way of doing things in any area that has heavy through traffic (e.g. St Marys Street in Cardiff).

I expect that most clubs will refurbish and give themselves a main entrance/exit and then a side entrance/exit for smokers to use, staffed by a couple of bouncers max. It's the neatest way of doing things.