Thread: The Smoking Ban
View Single Post
Unread 28 May 2007, 18:27   #4
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The Smoking Ban

For those who don't know, I live in Cardiff (Wales, if you're retarded) which already has a smoking ban. It's great to be able to go out and not stink of smoke. Almost none of my friends smoke, and the couple that do are either planning to give up or just not smoke on a night out.

I have only noticed two downsides so far:
  1. Clubs that double as sweatpits (e.g. Metros) stink of sweat/BO for the first 20 minutes that you're there - the smoke used to cover this. It's fine after then though, your nose simply adapts and ignores it.
  2. Traditional smokey pubs have lost a bit of their old atmosphere. However, customers are starting to come back, if my local's anything to go by.

The upsides are numerous and I'm not going to bore anyone to tears with them since we've been over this sort of thing before, but in my eyes it's been a fundamentally good thing.