View Single Post
Unread 4 Apr 2009, 10:30   #246
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: The GD Music Archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo View Post
Electronica

Hybrid - I Choose Noise

If you've ever heard any other Hybrid stuff then this album will be far from alien with familiar themes and instruments from previous outings. Most of the tracks are more up-beat than have been the norm with the band, with strong and often out-and-out dirty basslines and an almost breakbeat feel to a lot of them. From an orchestral-feeling intro track the sound blends well into Dogstar (which maintains Hybrid's signature orchestral string themes), leading through a mixture of up- and downbeat tracks (the distinctive title track I Choose Noise and the much darker Choke being personal favourites) and ending again with a clear orchestral theme in Just For Today. It's the best Hybrid album to date, drawing on a blend of their previous work for a much more rounded experience than they've been attributed in the past.
While having listen to both Hybrid and Einaudi for the last few weeks a lot I fear that we have been missing (or I read over it in this thread)

Electronic Music/Ambient
EMOTIONAL TECHNOLOGY

BT has that rare gift of combining a variation of electronical instruments and then combine that with some high pitch, sometimes to heavy breathing vocals, which gives his tracks often a rather dreamy feeling. I always get the feeling when listening to BT that I am listening to a soundtrack and that it always fits to a large variety of moments and activities. All in all a definate 'must have' in your collection if you also like Hybrid, ATB and Ludovico Einaudi