Thread: Galaxy Thoughts
View Single Post
Unread 4 Jan 2014, 22:27   #25
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: Galaxy Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaguuu View Post
I clearly said that the latestart should be only for fresh signups.
And perhaps im oldschool but when Im on vacation I won't be bothering checking pa on some ridiculous rates or trying to find a internet cafe. Im either on a relaxing trip and forget all about pa, or Im too drunk to play pa.
So for me Ive latestarted because of this twice in the last 15 rounds, and its been nice on those occasions.

I could also see a use for it when some kind souls gets a new player in and let them join their gal. Tho I dunno if such kind souls exists anymore.
But what is the difference between you starting in a specific galaxy at tick 336+ and stacking resources with 2k roids or just signing up at tick 0 with the rest of us, initing 300 roids, immuning yourself covops and researrching cores whilst on holiday, you could then return at tick 300 odd when you are back from your break to a planet that has a nice resource collection and some research done, ok you may have been roided but if you were latestarting you wouldnt have been there and maybe you took incs away from one of your valid BP buddies which enabled them to cover all theirs.

Latestart is abusable because people avoid playing for rank, exile is abusable because people avoid playing for rank, Vac mode is abusable because someone is stopping someone elses chance of attaining something (roids/xp) by avoiding playing.

If you want to make the game more active in terms of attacking and defend then here is a solution. Give everyone 300 roids at round start (100 of each) and take the startup bonnus down to 1,000,000 of each resource (better still have a lump sum of 3,000,000 resources and allow the players in what denomination they want it!). Force people to take part, more roids in the universe, no one can hide and avoid incs, everyone is a target from the off. If you dont wanna defend those roids that is your choice but atleast someone will gain from your reluctance to take part FINALLY!

As the round continue an average of universe roids is taken and that is the starting figure given out (divided equally), so if at tick 400 the average roids is 550 then thats what a signup would get, the score boost would automatically raise them into attacking range and stop this crappy AVOID AND BASH mentality
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote