View Single Post
Unread 24 Apr 2009, 03:46   #22
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold
Re: Changes to the ally system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
1. You can exile into a galaxy you've been in before, as far as I know: <RR|Away> my gal exiled me <RR|Away> but <RR|Away> the exile thingy <RR|Away> has put me back in the same gal <RR|Away> with a diff number <RR|Away> i went from to
Afaik this is true also. In the past I've heard of people who this happened to complaining to PAteam, who would then give them a free exile. I also vaguely remember that they will no longer do this though.

As far as war bonus XP, I like the idea in general; the objective as I see it is to reward strategic warring over galraiding and noob bashing. That leads me to think the war bonus should be based on ally wide participation rather than on individual planet basis, so maybe a % XP bonus could be granted based on how many fleets your total ally has heading towards the ally you're at war with (maybe even with a component of what % of fleets that ally has headed back at you, which would further encourage the other ally to join the war and give alliances that are being ganged more of a selection of targets than the gang has). I think this would either encourage more active (24/7 rolling launches) use of fleets during wartime or a single, more concentrated/planned all out attack -- depending on how the actual formula is written. This would also be an incentive for almost all planets to join in the war on a common goal instead of some planets noob bashing on the side. But then I think this is getting far too complicated (and potentially abusable in its current form), and a more simple solution would be to have a tradeoff for declaring war and getting the bonus XP.

Taxing value is not that answer, but maybe population can finally have a use! The # of population could slowly decrease while at war, having the effect of less slider to work with, maybe something like 1% less per day at war. In peacetime it would grow again, and this tax would have less of an effect as the round goes on. This would probably discourage everyone from declaring war on everyone (don't forget that the other allies would get bonus from landing on you too).
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote