View Single Post
Unread 20 Aug 2017, 10:49   #1
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Alezzar is infamous around these parts
Lightbulb Redesigning the Overview

Hey y'all!

So, I've been thinking lately that the Overview page needs redesigning. There is so much stuff in there nobody needs and it could be way better organized. Hear me out and see the attached photo.

Move the Quests and Bonus under the Development Menu. You don't use them all the time, no need for them to be on the Overview permanently. Speaking of which - why does anything on the Overview has to be permanent? Let's scratch that.

The new look of the Overview should be plain space, where people can add up to 6 widgets, depending on their very own needs.

Alliance DCs can have the Defence page straight on their overview and just next to it the available AF. Would save some time, wouldn't it?

Why would the scanner need to load additional pages, if he can just place the Scan Request widget on his Overview? Add a quick way to initiate a cover operation straight from your Overview and there you go - you have it all within one page.

Why the change? So many people play on mobile tablets, clicking on menus is a pain in the ass. It sometimes takes 3 times to hit the right menu and with a slow mobile internet, it's even worse. Let's make it easier for everyone to play and enjoy Planetarion. This is not going to be as good as having an actual mobile app(would definitely be my first choice and drag more players to the game), but it's easier to complete and would still greatly improve everyone's experience with the game.

So, thoughts? Not a graphic designer(you can tell by the shitty visualization), but you get the idea. It's open to suggestions.

Have a great day
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Alezzar is offline   Reply With Quote