View Single Post
Unread 12 May 2009, 15:40   #15
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice
Re: Country vs. country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt View Post
haha, I was actually in that galaxy (last minute replacement for .. alki?) - the tournament was a failure really. No one else bothered playing (eg, the norwegian galaxy just decided to go get drunk instead iirc). Not to diminish the accomplishments of the, predominantly, asc uk galaxy.

That first world cup rocked didn't it Mek!!!! Sounds like your galaxy was competing with mine for the bronze finals went down to the very last tick, most exciting pa has ever been for anyone involved. My gal won ofc <3

But things were totally unfair back then (just like the 2nd worldcup was I suppose). Each regional qualifier was dominated completely by the legion/fury mixed gals. The UK one had 2 legion/fury hc-type gals dominating, and a 3rd with lesser names in it also miles ahead of the rest. Thankfully my gal persuaded the top 2 gals to bash the 3rd gal to make it fun for the rest. And it was <3 (3rd place went into the bronze finals - like a 3rd/4th play-off I suppose).

If i remember correctly you had Zeus in your galaxy then Mek? I seem to remember him getting despondent over cheating in his galaxy, and went about destroying it or so.

Anywho, as the r18 worldcup demonstrated, there just isn't a big enough player base anymore to make a worldcup event fun Or maybe trying one over the winter would be more successful? I seem to remember the final being on a pretty ****ing awesome weekend weather-wise. And during the footy world cup too?...

Hi CBA!
as for the first WC, the scandinavian quals was not dominated by fury/legion at all, afaik the onlyone from my gal(later to evolve into trekronor in pia) that was fury/legion back then, was me, maybe carnis also(?) though i think he was in FA allready then.(the gal also included a noob i tried to antivouch named elviz)

the other gal i can remember, was the elysium gal, with Sakera, Darkplague, Thevoid etc, they finished second in the scandinavian quals.
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote