View Single Post
Unread 20 Nov 2018, 10:11   #1
wades209
Carew

wades209 has a spectacular aura aboutwades209 has a spectacular aura aboutwades209 has a spectacular aura about
Quest rewards and Def fleet.

Sorry its a long one.

After returning for a new round after a number of years away I have really enjoyed aspects of the game and then some parts I can’t see how logically they work. I feel the game is set up completely to help the big alliances and accelerate the quickest starters away from everyone else. This is not good for a game 7 weeks long as all it does is make those in the middle/bottom lose interest. I have been lucky and have enjoyed the game mostly so far.
My biggest two issues are quest rewards and ally def fleet.
I have posted on the def fleet and most seem to be in the same mind that it would be good to lose this, but some also want pre-launch to go as well. I would be happy with this over keeping the def fleet even though I don’t think the PL needs to go necessarily.
However this thread is more concerned with the quest rewards. I thought I would run through them:
Secretary of Education:
Most of these are simple and makes sense for new players. However, I think most of us have this just as a rush to quickly gain bonus’. Not sure if things like join an alliance and post in gal forums is that relevant now. I think this stand in not needed and should be removed.
Secretary of Defense:
I think this is a simple beginner steps and makes sense. I don’t think they add much to the game but I don’t really have any objections to them.
Secretary of the treasury:
I don’t really get what is trying to be achieved here. It is obvious the cores and refineries are god to have but why a bonus for building them? The resource they grant should be enough. Seems to be double awarding.
Secretary of Development:
Building constructions is a base of the game so once again not sure why this is being rewarded? The reward should be the buildings themselves and all this does is punish later starters and give wider gaps between experienced and less experienced players. The same with research cores.

Security or Planetary Security:
Once again the buildings and alert etc have their own bonus so why reward these?
Chariman of the Joint Chiefs:
This one is by far the most unbalanced quest. Why are we rewarding already doing well? If you rush to get roids then you can accelarte massively away from everyone. Likewise xp is already got the bonus of moving up the leaderboard. I can see however that it can be a way to reward smaller planets getting big lands but with how defensive the game is it is very unlikely and more likely the bigger planets will end up with loads of roids and resource to further aceerlate away. Completely remove this.
Secretary of Veterans Affairs.
Same as above. Pointless for balance. And why would you reward having military centres? They are a strategy if someone wants but should not be rewarded.

Director of Clandestine Services
I think this is to encourage more covert ops. However, I think this just means everyone Is blowing up each other roids for the first 100 ticks and then they stop as people build and assign security. I’m not a fan of covert ops but I think that they should not be rewarded.
Director of Planetary intelligence.
This is about the only strand that makes sense to me. I helps bring some balance as those scanners and solo players who need to scan can win back some resource etc to bring them back in line with the rest of the players.
Director of Counter intelligence.
This once again has no place as dist are a strategy and have their own reward. They do not need to be double rewarded.

Running through this list I can’t see any of the logic for almost all of this. I think it takes away from varying strategies as players just rush to complete quests rather than having different plans. I think this needs a big shake up to work as at current it just creates massive imbalance. Let’s get back to the varying strategies of the past. If this means adding some extra starting research points or cons points to make this work, then that would be fine. However, research should not be all completed by tick 300.
I have said this before, but I think the game needs to improve its balancing and reduce the defensive nature of the game. I think defense is fine and good allys and gals can defend enough but def fleets just further punish less experienced and solo players. Simple changes can make a big difference to improving the game and make it more of a challenge.
Does anyone agree with me or have any objections? How do you go about asking for changes anymore as I don’t see any of the dev team on here?
wades209 is offline   Reply With Quote