Thread: The Cleansing
View Single Post
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 10:49   #365
Kal'rek

Kal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the rough
Re: The Cleansing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ärketrollmannen
[b]
Gark The tirak looks embarrased and slows down.

-Not much further now little friend.

He seems to ponder what you said and suddenly you have reached a cavern, it looks like a guardhouse with two tunnels paralell to it. The tunnels are connected to the cavern with small openings, not big enough even for you to pass. The tirak sees your interest and replies before you ask.

-It is openings for shooting at intruders through.

He quickly walks through the cavern were there is a small gate. The gate is closed but is opened as you reach it.
Outside there are four soldiers. Dressed in the same way as Gorion was.
They look at you with discuss and one of them mumbles something in a language you have not heard before.

The tirak looks at them and begins to explain that you ahve a message for Vicotnik and you will accompany them, they start to talk back but he threatens not to give them more weapons if they don't cooperate and they just sigh and nods.

One of them, with a nasty scar over his cheek bends over and takes a look at you.

-So duckling, do you have any special needs? Can you walk in our pace?

The other merchants laugh.
No I'm not much to look at am I? I can see this will be a very harrowing journey. They still should not mock me though. Garks feelings about himself were coming back. What good is a duck? Gark sucked in a deep breath at the merchants snide remark,

"That depends, on how fast you travel with your large empty head as a burden."
Not smart but it was too late Gark had allready said it. Not that it would really make any difference. They had obviously allready made their decision. To them Gark was a joke and likely to slow them down. Gark hoped, but also doubted, that there would be an oppertunity to try and prove himself to this rabble.

"I'm sure that it will be no trouble keeping up with you, but don't forget that you have to play nice if you want your supplier to continue supplying you with you weapons." This was the one thing that Gark had to buy him some leaniency. Gark was sure that this weapon deal would come to a sharp end once Gark had succesfully delivered his message to Vicotnik. but they didnt know that, did they?