View Single Post
Unread 26 Jun 2005, 13:46   #21
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Iran have a new president

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Eh, which bit of the US does Iran border?
iraq and afganistan? you can hardly call them souvereign countries right now, can you?
Quote:
I understand why countries want nuclear weapons. The whole Iraq WMD thing means sent a pretty clear message to any country that if you DON'T have Nukes you better get them quick. That's why Libya gets constructive negotiation and Iraq got ****ed in the arse.

In saying that whilst we may wish to express solidarity with nations who stand against US hegemony, we should recall that Iran is not a great place to live for many many reasons and that we don't want any more nukes in the world. I am n t saying the US has any right to nukes and frankly as no right to complain, it is a bad situaiton but its not one that is going to be solved by even more opportunities for death and destruction.
then what? destroy all nukes of all countries? yes, that would be nice, but highly unlikely. if iran should ever build nuclear weapons i think its highly unlikly that they will ever use them unless they are attacked. parkistan and india are more dangerous and they already have these weapons.