View Single Post
Unread 22 Oct 2010, 17:13   #30
MAsta_MArk
Welsh palestinian!

MAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to behold
Re: Comparetheallyname.com

I disagree HaNzI
The name had nothing to do with a donkey punch and iver never even heard the term used to the same meaning.
The UD post (the only evidence that is being used to argue the meaning of the term) was created over a week after the name was suggested and chosen.
So nonsense about us trying to "bend the rules".
Stop your useless trolling and please know about the situation before you comment.

We chose the second name as it was similar and it followed the same theme but wasn't used in modern slang, so negating the problem that it apparently meant a sexual act (which btw isnt rape, so i dont know where the person who complained got that from)

Regardless of my own situation, the powers the MH have are too large and all encompassing with absolutly zero accountability. It is nonsense that they can change names regardless of the paying customer's wishes.
If Jagex staff are monitering the forums (which they said they would be doing) then please see this as the community seriously disagreeing with the powers that elements of PA team have. Consider reviewing and making the terms and conditions concerning abusive/offensive names much fairer.

At the moment, if someone is offended the name will be changed without considering the players wishes. Ask the player to come up with a new name and explain why someone found it offensive. I can see how someone could link zebra punch to donkey punch and as they really were offended, fine, i'll change the name. I would think the majority of the community would do the same.
It is not fair on the players when thier planets can be renamed without consideration

As a side note i spoke to Ace about this last night and he has been accomodating and has allowed us to consider a new name. He said the name we considered should'nt have been accepted in the first place and we have another chance. So thanks Ace

***EDIT***
Also Pugalism does not mean punch, it means fighting/fighter, and hippo means Horse so .'. fighting/fighter horse would be the proper meaning.
***EDIT***