View Single Post
Unread 23 Sep 2010, 18:36   #81
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold
Re: Planetarion Redesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
I would probably nerf XP or nerf the amount of resources you get from it though, as it should be a supplement to attacking, not the sole reason.
well i don't know what a good figure would be for this new 'XPvalue' and i agree it should be a supplement. Using the current figures seems most natural tho.

Quote:
That was my point, we keep adding in new features to encourage players to hit the top players and to protect the lower ranked players.. but none of those address the problem that noob bashing is alot more profitable on average than hitting big players (more so, that even though big players have a large amount of roids you could cap.. you need to teamup with more players and so share those roids, so you end up capping the same amount anyway).
Well now that we've established that the current features don't work we might aswell try and comeup with a new feature that does work for a change. While i think your comment is pointed mostly at the 'fleet morale' which i am not a fan of myself either.

Quote:
They wont land if its not profitable, with the XP system giving resources.. you're faced with a problem, that some fleets may need to be covered 100% (as in 99% EMP'd/killed/both) in order to stop them landing, as if they still cap.. it could be profitable for them.
I agree that this results in some fleets being needed to cover fully, but in general these smaller fleets are easier(needs less def fleets) to EMP/Kill for the top players too, certainly later on in the round.

Quote:
There's no reason to make a system more complicated when it doesnt need to be.

If a player can hide their value but get it at any time, then you once again encourage players to pretend to be weaker than they are.. this means they get around the bash limit and would get more XP than they should. If you're going to make XP more important, you cant allow players to artificially lower their ranking to gain more. In the same way that hidding production was removed from the game as it causes too many balance problems. It also makes people not want to get to #1, as it isnt the best position to be in.. when in reality, they are #1 just hiding it.
Ok i agree with you here so i'll drop my support to that idea... however i stick with the fact that attacking top players needs more incentive, and i feel exchanging this useless XP score into the more usable 'spoils of war' resources is a good thing to at least try.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote