View Single Post
Unread 21 Dec 2008, 11:53   #7
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Round 30 - Gamethread

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
Im beginning to doubt there is really enough player quality out there which is not in asc for any single alliance to have a hope of defeating Ascendancy and going for the title themselves.
Not a single one, no. But no one's stopping you from cooperating.

Quote:
It looked to me like Denial was very demoralised and a real resurgence seems unlikely.
CT's concentration on 'planet ranks' seems to have been a bid for the good players possibly with a view to challenging asc but imo, it made them look stupid and attracted those who were looking to avoid asc incs so asking them to take on asc next round seems over-optimistic.
Audentes failure highlights the problems of cohesion any new alliance has if they try to aim high, Im not saying it cant be done, Im happy to be surprised!
CT have been saying this was a rebuilding round, and that next round they will be going for alliance win. I am not sure how realistic this is, considering that CT has been flagshipping planets for at least 5 rounds now; changing that behaviour might not be as easy as they hope. It'll take more than a HC saying "ok guys, let's play for the alliance now, not our own planets". I expect drama on a scale of between a few members leaving (only to join Ascendancy, as all the good players seem to be doing these days), and the alliance exploding into its own face, leaving a lot of bewildered players standing around wondering what the **** just happened, and why there's pudding on their collective penis.

Quote:
I dont see any united front outlasting Ascendancy, however the most likely way for Ascendancy to be defeated is by one or two persistent alliances of reasonable quality fighting as a group, you will never get more than 3 to fight a long war though as it will provide a golden opportunity for others to get ahead by fence sitting, the waring alliances get envious then the coalition breaks apart.
The theory of Balance of Power dosent really work against ascendancy it seems, it did work against denial this round so perhaps Im premature in ruling it out.
This round, the problem was that many people disliked Denial more than they disliked Ascendancy, even when it became clear we were running away with the round. This was a nasty surprise to us as well, we used to pride ourselves on being the most hated alliance in Planetarion; we clearly have a lot of work to do.

This round however, there is no such target to distract the trigger happy folk, so I imagine it'll be different than last. The past has proven it is not impossible to beat Ascendancy, and in my personal opinion, the more people think it is impossible, the higher our chances to win will be. Morale has a much bigger impact on the game than many alliance HCs seem to believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
no, the aformentioned hc will let asc run away with it then whinge on the forums about how nobody did anything about it
This made me giggle. It's funny because, you know, it's true.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote