View Single Post
Unread 9 Jan 2006, 09:45   #2
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Call For Comments: Round 16 beta stats

Alliance history - noob r3-6, MadCowS r7-9.5, Virus r10, #strategy veteran, Vengeance r12-15 (HC). I'm usually a Cath player, but play as Zik when the ticks speed up in betas or havoc. All I care about, however, is balanced stats. I've made my own in the past, and it was hell. Moving on...

I'll do a longer write-up this evening, but anyway.

Terran DE looks very strong. The only defence against it in-alliance are Vipers (EMP) and Corvettes, which are hit before they shoot due to the Pegasus' initiative of 3. The damage of the Pegasus is fairly low though, so I suspect that this was necessary to make it competent enough to survive. However - have you looked at this with a bcalc? Anyway, Cath targets will be the most profitable for them due to the few Roach that will probably be built. Both Peacekeepers and Marauders will be around, so for low loss attacks it'll be DE vs Cath. Fairly standard.

This post will be a marathon that I don't have time for at the moment. But this:
Buccaneer Cruiser Cruiser Steal
concerns me. R13 showed that same-ship stealers aren't a great thing - Thieves (FR->FR) and Pirates (BS->BS). If you think it'll work out ok, please explain how. Otherwise the Zik round will be a CR penis battle with whoever has the most Buccaneers and stolen Scarabs winning. I can't start to talk about replacements because naturally a Zik fleet needs to steal to become more competent - and Scarabs would do that. Stolen Tarantulas will plug the Bomber (FR->CR) gap - and we know someone will get lucky with those

Since it's a free round, I'm a bit concerned about Cath ship farming - both Tarantualas and Roaches would be very useful for a Zik. Furthermore, Zik CR stealing will be fuelled by Caths repeatedly landing on them and taking the XP rewards in return for a few lost ships (stolen, ofc).

I'll edit later tonight.