View Single Post
Unread 10 Aug 2007, 13:13   #72
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Premiership Predictions 2007/2008

Portsmouth have a superb defence and this will be the making of us. David James in goal is gonna be immense, he earns us so many points. We have a top 5 defence.

In midfield, Taylor is being talked about as getting an England call up, but I fear Krankjaer will keep him out of the side. He threatens to have a great season. Mendes is superb, and we have O'Neil, Muntari (who has looked great in preseason), Utaka who looks good and Hughes who could all expect a place in the team. All in all, a top 8 midfield.

Up front could be a major problem. Lua Lua can get goals if he can stay onside and keep the fans onside, something he hasnt managed lately. Benjani does exactly what is asked of him but needs to add 10 goals a season to his game. Kanu I wished hadn't signed again. Nugent is unproven and hasnt been too sharp in pre-season. I think we have a top 16 strikeforce.

What worries me more is the fans. They have tasted the high life and tbh the atmosphere at Fratton Park was the worst I have ever known it last season. One thing that drives the team on is the fans. Take them away and we could struggle.
We shoud have a bad start to the season due to the teams we have been given. That could count against us.

To summarise, if the midfield chips in with a few goals we could make europe. I would be happy with top 10 again, though I feel most fans almost expect us to hit Europe (I dont think europe is a good thing for us this season).
Star man- Niko Kranjkaer.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote