Thread: Fort Gals
View Single Post
Unread 8 Jan 2010, 04:09   #49
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about
Re: Fort Gals

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthe View Post
As a long-time (but rather quiet) PA player, I dislike fortress galaxies. However, I think the problem is more with the fact that no one will attack them because they don't want to risk a war with that alliance. I'm not sure if there's a really good solution to that. There needs to be some kind of incentive to hit these galaxies earlier. Also, with landing being rather difficult mid-late round, that makes them that much stronger. It sucks to have to send 5-10 fleets to land one wave on one planet in a fortress galaxy, assuming you're also doing the same for other waves and on other planets, in late-game.

I think the larger problem is alliance sizes. I think alliances should be approximately cut in half, down to around 30 players. I know this has been tried in the past and didn't last long (at least as far as I recall), but I think it would help the game in general.
If you had been in a war the last 10 rounds you would know that making waves with 5-10 fleets to land has nothing to do with fortress gals at all. Thats just how it is in a war when targetting a specific alliance. granted its a fair fight not 6 vs 1

Fortress gals also have their share of the early incs, sometimes even more. The fact everyone is in the same alliance makes it even harder to cover. Good fortress gals survive only because of active and dedicated people inside that has the iron will needed to be the most targetted gal in the universe and still be top 5. Put the same activity into any other gal and that gal will win.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote