Thread: Fort Gals
View Single Post
Unread 4 Jan 2010, 14:39   #46
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fort Gals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
i might be interested in doing something like that if a few others were able to help out

though i dont plan on being hugely active anymore im sure i could lend enough time and advice to help people find their way in the game
Its not really a case of just finding afew people to help out, as then all the alliance would be is the #support channel.

********** didnt have a #support channel as RR was way too inactive, so Jimbo created WNA (Warrior Noob Alliance) which is exactly whats being suggested but it takes alot of effort, i'd go as far as to say you need a HC/BC team which is as if not more active/dedicated than proper alliances HC/BC's. I was a helper in WNA and lead HC/BC for a couple of rounds and it really does burn you out.

It generally works out like this:
You need a group of people willing to help out and idle in the alliance channel to answer any questions anyone might have.
You need a HC who is constantly trying to recruit new helpers and BC's, while also trying to sort out politics as much as possible to avoid incomings on the noobie planets. Also, who will step in and BC on any nights required.
And this is the hardest part, you need a BC team who will not only arrange attacks but help all your new members to find a target in the attack with there fleet and explaining how you figure out what you can attack.. This part requires so much work, as you basically end up doing full-scale target assignments every night.
As far as defence and DC's go, you can pretty much slack there.. as you'll only really get afew people willing to send defence at night.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote