View Single Post
Unread 28 Aug 2007, 15:54   #2
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Universal ETA's - r23

Lo mate

I'll just quickly post here with what i understood Appoco's motivations were to re-introducing the Hypergate again. I brought this up in my PM.

First and foremost, this "change" is essentially a rollback to the ETA environment that existed before the "new" cluster eta system was made. As such, it was expected that everyone would be fine with it because that how it used to be.

Further, without introducing the hypergate into the mix again, galaxies would have some 5 ticks to sort and cover all CR and BA class attacking fleets; atm including Cathaar CR, Etd and Terran BA, Zik CR & BA fleets, which is a large proportion of the attacking fleets. In the hyper-active galaxies, that is a *really* long time.

However, having said all that, i think what you have to say is actually quite valid and makes alot of sense; essentially, this round, the whole universe can roid you with cluster etas when compared to last round. Perhaps that might place unnessary strain on smaller galaxies.

So, what would the major problems be if the hypergate was removed?
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote