Thread: The Ash'taari
View Single Post
Unread 1 Oct 2017, 10:46   #19
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: The Ash'taari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Or just make all reflected damage kill, never steal.

Lore: Zik ships are built to board enemy ships after dealing enough damage to them, but Ash ships don't have boarding parties so they can only kill, even with 'steal damage'.
I kind of presumed this anyway. That the reflected damage would be specific to Ash - so emp wouldnt be relfected as emp. And steal wouldnt be reflected as steal.

I dont see Cat <-> Ash interaction being a problem to be honest, Cat operates in that it emps as much as possible and anything left will cause it some kind of damage. Hence why emp has to operate above 100%. Regardless of wether the damage is true or reflective in the case of Cat doesnt really matter. It would just specify which ship the damage went to from how i gather the premise.

Zik provides more of an issue. According to Alezzaar Ash would only 'reflect' on a ship that fires before the reflective ship. We kind of summarised that Ashtaari would have to sit in the 4-7 range for int so to allow some but not all ships to be affected by reflective damage. This would probably mean that any interaction with Zik ships would be focused around their kill ships instead of the stealers. I see this being an issue with farming maybe as Zik could send stealers to Ash knowing that they will only take reduced damage before stealing the ships and not be party to any reflective damage afterwards.

Also something to consider with Zik (and Etd) is when will reflective damage be applied and how will it work within the combat engine. Will it screw up the calcs if its applied before stealing or would it happen afterwards?

Although i am liking the idea of a 6th race (much harder to balance than 5 actually for statters - which is weird) im starting to wonder if reflective is the right ability, or maybe if reflective in this guise to be more accurate.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote