View Single Post
Unread 22 May 2007, 17:38   #10
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 'Welcome to the galaxy'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
I think it would only have meaning if it was by default off, that the GC had to write their own unique message (no automation at all) - infact, the only thing that is automated is that a mail is sent as soon as a planet joins the galaxy.4
Either i'm reading it wrong (very well possible), or you are contradicting yourself?

I think it is a great idea and don't see why it hasn't been implemented yet. As others mentioned a mail is much more personal and they get the notice of a new mail making them aware they have something to read, instead of hoping they read all information on the overview or forums. A direct approach is usually much more effective and besides that it immediatly starts a communication link for the new planet, given the mail is sent with either GC or MoC as sender who can be replied to without having to do alot of/any research into the game itself.