View Single Post
Unread 14 Dec 2006, 16:45   #61
Thex
Average Thex

Thex will become famous soon enoughThex will become famous soon enough
Re: Round 20 Changes

I don't know if this will encourage XP whoring more or not. However I do know the following
  • [BIG] may be able to compete, but we are well known for being an attack on alliance without the "PA names". Small alliances like us rely on planets gaining score through XP, we know we won't be able to keep our roids - but our satisfaction in having a valuable fleet is important.
  • Big alliances will push their players for gaining and keeping value
  • Big alliances will have a large number of Zik players - zik planets have been value players for several rounds
  • Large alliances will organise more and more highly effective fleet catches - FC's need organisation, big ally's have the organisation required to make these work well - small allys don't
  • Small alliances/unallied players will be the subject of fleet catches as we are unable to effectively organise defence or prevent them from occuring (less skilled players, less scanners to check inc, people who want to do other things than JPG scan their own planets every 5 minutes up to the ETA 1 tick etc).
  • Small alliances and unallied players will leave the game as it's no fun being the victim of a robbery.

XP was brought in to discourage people from attacking constantly at the 40% value range. It appears individual planet rank and score will benefit from being XP based, so you could argue that small alliances/unallied players might not be concerned about alliance score, because their individual planets may be ranked higher.

But as the game is heavily alliance orientated, it will be no fun finding people constantly trying to steal your ships because they know you can do nothing about it.

I for one won't be playing the game next round as my whole play method is going to be stolen by FC's - I know you couldn't care less, but allowing people to play at different levels should be a goal of the game.

My alliance is [BIG]ger than yours

[ex LOST], [ex IF], [ex G-II]
Thex is offline   Reply With Quote