View Single Post
Unread 14 Dec 2006, 23:42   #103
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Round 20 Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
Only shit alliances will quit.

Have alliances lost all sense of creativity or ability to respond or adapt to changing circumstances? Personally, I can think of some very interesting new possibilities
Oh no doubt. It's not passed my attention either. But I think in the end, activity will beat those who have 'adapted' hands down. It's also going to mean a higher percentage of zikonians for obvious reasons and zikonians being the prevalent race is pretty boring, I think because there will be fewer non zikonian ships to steal

The problem that I think alliances face is that there are alliances around them that they know are more active, and once you are behind, value is something very difficult to claw back without either an exceptional effort in terms of activity or a capitulation of the enemy. The effect on these alliances is part-game mechanics, part psychological, but I don't think the game should make a business of discouraging alliances of people who enjoy playing together but want to do so while feeling that they at least, have a fighting chance of getting somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeart
back in the day, everything was value based
back in the day, some cluster alliances rocked the pants off this game. (hello concordium?)
back in the day this game rocked
The old game rocked because:

1) There were lots of players, the universe was vast.
2) The standard of play in general was far better than it is now, because there were more players. I mean the achievement of every exilition win put together wouldn't even begin to come close to xanadu's win in round 4, for example.
3) As a result, Planetarion was a game worth playing.

It was not a game worth playing because of the game itself. Old planetarion demanded a lot of activity, and playing that compared to PaX is like wading through treacle. Players are not as dedicated, don't want to be as dedicated and with pre launch, certainly don't have to be.

I respect the idea of the game being harsh and demanding and trying to cater for one type of player instead of everyone, I think that catering for the hardcore alliance player who will be massively active at any cost is catering for the wrong type of player, as the game just isn't like that any more.