Thread: PA clones
View Single Post
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 01:15   #29
[Graham]

[Graham] is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: PA clones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramihyn
What you could do is asking the more popular "clones" to add a banner for PA on a prominent place in their game for free. It could be used to remind players which already know PA but arent aware of relevant dates like a new rounds beginning or some of the many recent changes they may like or free restricted planets beeing available (again). Also the more successfull clones may have gathered new players which arent aware of the original PA and these banners will make them check it out.
well no offence but the clones are all from the myphppa code written by khan mainly. i could mention some but i ts against the rules of this post. all of the clones ive played are based upon khans code and not that of pa.

Quote:
I dont think the clones can deny such a free banner as they clearly owe to PA. I would emphasize the fact PA has evolved and therefore gives a new/different playing experience then before (then the clones which offer old experience for free and therefore its hard to compete with) and also ofc. stress that PA is the original/root of this type of games. Just dont overdo it so the banner isnt devalueing to the clone. A prominent place could be the overview page so it shows regularly but not on every page. On the login page it would probably be skipped too quickly by too many players as they often want to quickly login to the game.
perhaps if planetarion hadn't evolved into something the players did not really want they might have kept older players. older players like myself play these clones as its how it was in the 'old days' now i know things change but sometimes change isnt always for the better. the clones owe pa nothing as i have described above its based on khans code which was written by himself and not copied therfore pa has no right to a banner anywhere in these clones of khans.the clones are giving the players what they crave most the gameplay that was missing from round 4 (mainly)

Quote:
I think that could give PA some new players in one form or the other - what do you people think?
even if they were to get free banners i think it wouldnt really help in the slightest as people these days arnt willing to pay.

[Graham]
[Graham] is offline   Reply With Quote