View Single Post
Unread 25 Jul 2008, 02:03   #14
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of
Re: How much is PA worth? really!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayonara View Post
Monroe, what definition of "technology company" are you using?
The one that says software (whether a game or other app) is considered technology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayonara View Post
I am pretty sure that spending your combined $50k on writing a new game from scratch would be a much wiser investment, never mind the $100-200k value that you projected.
Not necessarily, one of the things you have to remember is even if I can produce a game that is 5 times better then PA for $50k I still have to market it, build a player base, build up the brand, and many other things that PA already intrinsically has. PA has all the fundamental pieces to being a very popular game in certain circles, any game I could come up with and code (assuming I was a great programmer which I'm not) would still need a lot of things to be successful that PA already has.

Now whether it would make sense to invest $200k into PA is an entirely different story, it would take a lot of work and further investment to make it really worth the effort. But a clever business plan coupled with good product development could at least in theory produce a good product that is very popular.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote