View Single Post
Unread 19 Feb 2015, 00:33   #442
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Re: R60 mid round turmoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
Lets call a spade a spade here, the vocal minority want higher tag numbers because they need the safety in numbers or they cant play properly!!!
A smaller universe should mean smaller tags and smaller galaxy's but the cry babies who can't play without their safety net will scream and shout to keep the status quo
Gzambo makes a good point...

My experience of PA is the lengths some folk will go to avoid a roiding.
Def whoring (I recall a player called valle going from less than 10 def fleets in omega to top defender in ND),designer "private" galaxies, intel networks to find out landing ticks for prelaunching defence, "support planets" even ship stat manipulation for defensive stats.

The Problem with PA is that it is getting smaller and less new player friendly due to the cliques formed by the experienced players.

Quoting Sun Tzu (from the art of war)
"So the principles of warfare are: Do not depend on the enemy not coming, but depend on our readiness against him. Do not depend on the enemy not attacking, but depend on our position that cannot be attacked."

I get why top players will make their planet unroidable as possible as it makes tactical sense.

Game wise... what is needed is an incentive for a change in culture.

Although reading the changes with war with enemy alliances as per http://game.planetarion.com/manual.pl?page=changes
A step in the right direction but as evident by the politics this round not enough.

I don't think the carrot (incentive) is big enough to encourage war.
One suggestion I do have is having alliance Golden roids like give the orginal alliance a 10-15% mining bonus to all members but only a 5-7.5% mining bonus to the hostile alliance members that to encourage a "capture the flag" mentality instead of the FFA (free for all) it currently is that is called "NAPtarion"
(I'm aware this would need tweaking to avoid bottom feeding the top alliances)

(its been a while since we have had 2+ alliances that have had the hunger to go for the win using CTvAPP R40 as an example)

I'm hoping M0rph does go for more offensive stats than the current ones on the beta server. No offence Isilx but we don't need to use your stats ever again.