Thread: Alcohol or Pot?
View Single Post
Unread 4 Apr 2006, 12:58   #115
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Alcohol or Pot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Well, as I say, I know of hundreds of people who take E regularly, and I've never even heard of someone being imprisoned for such an offence.

More generally there are thought to be 500,000 to 1,000,000 people who regularly take E yet I am unaware of any masses of people being imprisoned each year.

As I say, all of this simply is about the amount of risk one is willing to undertake vs the potential benefits. Some actions are worth it to the individual, some are not. Having tried cigarettes I was not willing to bear the cost/health risk for the seeming benefit (i.e. pleasure derived from smoking). This does not mean I feel anyone who smokes is "irrational", simply they obviously feel it's worth it on some level.

p.s. Wasn't Henry actually stopped for smoking a joint in public?

Trying to determine an actual statistical 'chance of being caught' is both impossible and irrelevant.
a) There is no raw data on actual users vs arrest, caution or conviction numbers.
b) there is a 100% method for avoiding the chance of being convicted for possession class A.

The relevant risks for a cost benefit analysis are those risks we can actually determine.

(You will notice that because the health effects are indeterminable, I would discount them)

However a conviction is a determinable risk. In a situation where the odds can not be calculated a rational man assumes the risk is too great.

EDIT: P.S. - we call that possession