View Single Post
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 12:59   #21
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Re: Planet Alliance I dentification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetrash
I feel this idea would benefit the small people. Large alliances know who belongs to what alliance using finely tuned homo-erotic spying and data collection techniques much faster then small ones who don't have outside tools such as an arbiter. Basically as things stand, large alliances already have the benefit of the proposed feature (by t200 anyways) and small alliances don't.
I disagree.
I don't believe you're serously suggesting that accurate intel (being just as valuable as ships and roids) should be given out to everyone with no effort involved. Yes, big alliances have access to this information because they put in alot of work to get it. Just because you seem to think spying and intelligence is "homo-erotic" doesn't mean it's not a classic part of PA.
Do you think it's fair to give out extra roids/ships to the small alliances with no effort? No? Then why give them the intel? They both take effort to build up and there's no reason to hand stuff out to people just because they put less effort in.

And on the flipside of the coin, having alliance tags shown on gal page is just going to result in more incoming on the smaller alliances. When you have a gal raid that features clearly tagged planets in 1up, LCH, ToF, F-crew and Peniz-alliance, which will the average player take first? I don't think it'll be the ones in that #1 ranked alliance, do you?
The only people hitting the leaders will be the other large allies who are perfectly capable of mapping out hostile coord lists in the first 150 ticks anyway.