View Single Post
Unread 20 Jun 2014, 22:40   #221
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: R57 gossip thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
Only very theoretically, in practice we collapsed when faceless first attacked because xan is dire against cr attack fleets and we had not built nearly enough shadows to compensate for that.

That said I won't deny that p3ns def was dire in other ways too - we had a night with no dc's on for example. (This was the first night we collapsed, second was due to the cr mentioned above).

The discussion about whether xans are better at def due to faking seems to me to be missing the point that when you have lots of ships that target different things it usually makes little sense to be sending loads of fakes because it is a poor use of the full fleet. The option to fake helps, but it mostly compensates for xan ships crumpling like paper rather than it meaning xans are actually better at def. It is in attack where being xan really makes the difference.
From personal experience I would say is very well equipped to deal with incs because of flak and even more this round because Xan doesn't crumple like paper.

I'll grant that cr is tough BUT it's not impossible to cover and its very easy to retal. And to all those cr planets out there what happens when the tide turns and you have no ally eta anti fr/de. People can always def vs cr or bs regardless of class, cr plabets with big roaches or ghosts are screwed when it all comes at them.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote