View Single Post
Unread 16 Nov 2009, 21:21   #193
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold
Re: Interesting change in politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Your first distinction is absurd. Ascendancy quite frequently had between 10 and 30% of the alliance barely playing at all (and sometimes quite simply not playing). I'd agree that Ascendancy, and Apprime, are a cut above ND when it comes to average member quality but alliances like DLR would be as well and I doubt you're including them in the first "tier". Personally I'd just avoid the concept of tiers altogether, needlessly forcing every alliance into particular categories is a pretty pointless idea.

In terms of fleet activity, number of incoming hostile fleets, amount of time spent dcing or otherwise working for your alliance golan is so far ahead of you, and pretty much everyone else playing the game, that if he quit PA and never played again you'd probably catch him some time around summer 2034. Golan wasn't one of the people who benefited from Ascendancy being a dominating alliance, he's one of the people who made it a dominating alliance.

Edit: Amusing lie about never having heard of golan though. I know you're not going to go back on it now because you'd look like even more of an idiot but seriously
I really don't care about tiers tbh, Golan was the one calling me out on referring to ND as a 'second tier alliance' which I believe to be true - which you also clearly agree with.

In reference to what you call an amusing lie I stated that 'As to your personal style skills of play I cant comment, I have only vaguely heard of you as one of JBG's henchmen' which is true - yes I have heard of Golan but only vaguely and am unaware of his playing style or achievements.

I'm not quite sure what point your trying to make in terms of the amount of hours/effort Golan has put into asc - wouldn't surprise me if it was alot more than me considering I haven't DC'ed in over 15 rounds as it took up too much time and wasn’t exactly ideal for a British time-zone. I've never been of the belief that the amount of hours you put into PA defines your skills and will freely admit that most players of any worth are a hell of alot more active than me.

Not quite sure why there some vicious crusade against me and my gal-mates going on here, making things personal on the forums seems pretty disrespectful to me which is somewhat sad as if there is anything I have for asc its a grudging respect.

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote