View Single Post
Unread 2 Oct 2009, 07:46   #208
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of
Re: Ascendancy v Apprime

I know that and its the biggest reason to be in fortresses at all (that and the gal DC's better) but since apps are not in fortress gals when their 'normal' gals get 'normal' raids ppl will look at apps and take em before taking others, surely its that simple. What the BC sees dosent matter, if he puts up a gal with an unbalanced app in it said app is likely to take a harder knock than he otherwise would, and since apps are scattered they will find their gals put up.
I was never trying to turn this into the primary cause for defeat (which btw dosent seem to have even occured yet), why should I play down my own allys herculean efforts? I did say feather that broke the camels back after all, thus implying a small thing with many others.
My primary gripe with Gio2ks original post was the way he ignored the potential role of the rest of the universe. Early on with app having a big lead but already building heavy PKs (not so much as later) they could easily have found themselves on the wrong side of a gangbang in which anti asc optimised fleets would be a serious handicap. Their assumption that Asc would be the bulk of their problems payed off as this wasnt (unusually) a gangbanging round, but it might not have; cheating scandals have tended to trigger a major gangbang by the whole uni if Asc is involved (thinking r26 and it was only a false rumour) so counting out the rest of the uni seems absurd if ur HC is busy cheating.