Thread: Ultores
View Single Post
Unread 12 Feb 2012, 10:49   #70
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future
Re: Ultores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
Round 31 Deja Vou - in short
You mean the round where xVx and Asc were the only two contenders for #1, xVx blocked against Asc for a large part of the early round, then had to choose between either a roidrace with Asc or to continue to bash Asc, making it a boring round regardless of what they chose?

Yep, completely similar to the situation we're in right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz
I am sceptical. Do you have any examples?
Well, I don't have any facts to back it up, because I neither have the memory nor access to data of recent rounds, so you should be skeptical!

In my experience though, it's very hard for an alliance ranked second at the early/mid stages to maneuver themselves in a way that they can take (and maintain) first. If they take the initiative against the top alliance, they'll receive the majority of their hostility, meaning all the other contenders benefit hugely from that war. Often the top alliance holds a grudge against the initiator, and they rather see the #3 taking the win than the #2.

If they don't join the 'block', they piss off the others, which is what happened this round.

I guess that's the biggest issue. Handling politics in such a way that you piss off neither the ones above you nor the ones below you, and I think that's a LOT harder than most people think. xVx unfortunately chose the latter, though in my opinion the way the 'block' attempted to persuade them pushed them into that direction.

Everyone thinks politics is black and white, and that they know everything best on how you should handle it. Trust me, it isn't that easy.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote