View Single Post
Unread 8 Jun 2014, 15:27   #32
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: R57 gossip thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
Indeed, kaiba talks sense.

If it is true there are four clear options.

1) Go after Ult hard. The risk being you roid them fast and then have to switch and end up with a dangerous ult with big fleets and no roids.

2) Go after BF hard. You end up with same scenario as #1. Both 1 and 2 will ensure BF/Ult work together for rest of round.

3) My favourite, split into 2 teams. One team hit Ult, one team hit BF and keep doing so. They will get roided slower but it will pin them down and they will slowly but surely get overtaken. This is a tactic I have used a few times since R1 when dealing with multiple enemies, as long as the person organising it does it properly (and keeps all the info of which alliances are hitting who, on his hard drive and nowehere else, can be very effective, but it us also time consuming).

4) Count BF and ULT as one target, put up joint targetting and let alliances all pick from the same spreadsheet.

That said, that above is only if this is a true long-term deal. I think my KIA must be wrong, it is telling me it is only tick 200 and people are still random gal raiding
I think it's better to isolate one enemy and utterly destroy them than divide effort, particularly early in the game, when you have an opportunity to not just beat them but take them out of the race for #1. If you have flak alliances you might want to use them for pinning down other alliances, but this is probably a bit of a luxury with so few planets.

Sustained pressure will generally break an opponent in the end, and eventually you should have one less enemy to deal with. The exception of course is Ultores, who may always decide to turn around and fight you to the duration. It's fairly extreme, but their attitude is pretty admirable.

I've generally been anti-fencing, and while it's effective, I just don't see a reason for it now. There are 800 planets or so. There is not that much at stake. You might as well enjoy the game instead of playing to just accumulate.